The Importance of a Great Vendor Network as a Realtor
When you think about the most important pieces of the puzzle as a realtor, you likely think of everything from your clients to your closings — and we get that. However, we’re big believers that there are actually few things as important as a great vendor network as a realtor. Whether you’re looking for a team you can trust to assist with loan procurement or you’re in need of home inspectors you can rely on, building a network of vendors is absolutely essential as a realtor.
See, being a realtor doesn’t just encourage vendor relationships… it requires them. If you have a strong network of vendor relationships, you can provide a stellar client experience and streamline your own workflow. Without a strong network of vendors at your side, doing so is a lot harder. As a realtor, you simply cannot do everything for your clients… but your vendors may be able to!
Why is a great vendor network important?
So much of selling and buying homes comes down to two things: the relationships you build with your vendors and clients, and the relationships that your clients build with you and your vendors. For many, a home is a massive purchase that invites years and years of involvement — and the more involved and open you can make the process, the better. As a realtor, the vendors you build relationships with can completely and totally transform the way your client experiences the homebuying journey and the way that you grow your own business, too. Vendor relationships go hand in hand with referrals — on both sides — and the right vendor relationships can be lifelong ones.
What vendors should be in your real estate network?
Curious what vendor relationships to focus on building? There are a ton, and we’d like to think of them as equally important. However, here are some of the top ones to consider:
- Lenders: Being able to refer to a great loan officer can be helpful to your clients, and a loan officer you have a strong relationship with can also refer clients to you.
- Handymen + construction: Have a home that may need some renovation love? Have a team of construction experts that you can turn to.
- Landscapers: Great landscaping can transform a home’s curb appeal — keep a great landscaper on speed dial!
- Plumbers: New homes can often go hand in hand with plumbing issues, and it’s always a good idea to have a plumber on hand that you can trust… and that your clients can refer to post-closing, as well.
- Appraisers: Need a home appraised? Don’t feel the need to click on the first Google result — instead, take the time to build a relationship with one you trust.
At VRM Real Estate Alliance, we’re proud to have a strong network of vendors and business solutions that real estate professionals can trust. Complete with industry expertise and decades of experience, our vendors can help you to create tailor-made solutions for every client. Find out more here.
The Importance of a Great Vendor Network as a Realtor When you think about the most important pieces of the puzzle as a realtor, you
What is Investor Insurance? (+ Do You Really Need It?) If you’re working to build an investment portfolio, it’s likely you’re familiar with a variety